Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Feeling a little Up and Down

First off, let me just say that I took my final test for my Cosmetology State Boards today!!!!!!! Now to wait for 7 to 10 days to see if that are gonna give me a license to whack off some hair!!!

Btw, have I mentioned that a few months after my sweet Michael bought me this lap top that my cat Pierre jumped up to lay on it and lost his footing and ripped off my letter a, s, z and the left shift key? Well, it is a giant pin in the ass to type now. Just wanted you to know that. I called about getting it fixed and they want to keep it for three weeks to fix it!! Well, I just can't have that, so I have been suffering along with a handicapped computer. So if there are missing letters here, please for give me.

Now for the downer.....While I was working so hard to make sure I got my state board haircut just right yesterday, my mom was at her doctors appointment with two of my sisters with her. She has been having a low blood count, so her doctor wanted her to have another endoscopy and a colonoscopy to see where the problem may be. So yesterday they did the endoscopy, and found the area of her stomach (upper GI) to be completely healed from the ginormous bleeding ulcer she had a few months ago!!!!! It was perfect! Then while performing the colonoscopy, he had a hard time seeing because her colon was not completely empty, even though she had drank all the liquids they prescribed the day before and did all the "cleaning out" they required. He said there was "mud and muck" obstructing his view and he was going to postpone the rest of the procedure until tomorrow (that would be today) to give the colon a chance to be completely ready. He proceeded a little further up the colon to the transverse colon and as he rounded the corner, he saw it.....a dark mass, the reason the "mud and muck" could not be completely cleared out. There was no room for it to pass around completely due to this "mass" or TUMOR! TUMOR....OMG, my mom has a freaking TUMOR!!! I pictured this awful thing in my head attacking the sweetest, most loving woman I have ever known. Can you imagine, I just spent the morning completing a state board practical exam and elated to be finished, and I call up mom to see how the test was that she was taking, and she calmly said "they found a TUMOR". My God, are you freaking kidding me here!!!! She was so non-chalant about it, and I was on the other end of the phone trying to absorb the words and digest what she said. All I kept thinking about was that this woman has been sick with so many different things this year, and she is NEVER sick!!!She is the healthiest 81 year old out there. Now some little bitty piece of shit TUMOR is attacking her little self. And with all the calmness that was there, she seemed unfazed, I was still and silent. SO, this is what I was told be the sisters, the thing is about 1 inch, and since mom is so tiny, she has plenty of colon to work with, and the doctor wants to do surgery ASAP to remove this necrotic (dead/dying) tissue. He feels very confident he can remove it and reattach the colon together and she will not need any chemotherapy or oncology at all. He said she is very strong and healthy, and a perfect candidate for this procedure. WHEW!!!!!! I feel better now!!! NOT 100% better, still freaking out here that mother has the "C" word. I am so sad that she has to go through this, but so happy that it can be fixed and she doesn't seem worried at all. MY MOMMA IS A ROCKSTAR!!!!!

I pray everyday that God will watch over my family and keep them safe, happy and healthy. I know he answers prayers, I have witnessed his miracles. I also know that everything happens for a reason, and I am so thankful that the doctor said that when he was going to stop the procedure, he kept going a little further because "God guided him there". Thank you God for your guidence, your love and your protection.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!! I am sorry to hear about your mother. I really feel for her and your family seeing she has been sick several times over the past year. She sure sounds like a strong woman! With all the love and support she gets from yall, she will surely pull through!

    I knew about the missing keys on your laptop.....and find it funny that they are a "pin" in the ass......loving it!!

    Hugs and Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vonny, I know how much you love your family, and they sure are so much better because of your love. You are such a kind and giving person. Thank goodness God has guided the dr's with your sweet Mom.
    Every time I think about your computer I do get a kick out of the whole "cat" scenario!!! How funny!
    wooooooohoooooo on your exams being finished! congrats to you!!!

    you are certainly a rock star chick!

    ReplyDelete

YES!!! I am still here!!

Been a very busy few years, but I am still here! Life happens, things happen, and other stuff gets in the way...but we find a way to keep o...